You have a small business, maybe a dental practice, roofing company, legal firm, whatever the industry this business relies on constantly acquiring new customers. Chances are pretty good you also have a company website. That being said, is your website actually working for your business. What does that mean? What it means is can potential clients actually find you online? If the answer is no then your website is not working for you and you need to learn about SEO. It doesn’t matter if your business is in Boca Raton, FL or the frozen tundra of Grand Rapids Michigan search engine visibility can directly equate to business growth, possibly even business survival.
Search engine optimization has become a catchall term covering all things related to internet marketing for a website. IF you own a website it is vitally important to your business that you become acquainted with the term and the basics. If you want to learn more than we cover in this post you can visit http://www.moz.com for some great information. You should also check out this excellent primer video:
Internet marketing is constantly evolving and changes come at a rapid pace. Given this reality you may want to engage the services of a Boca Raton seo to handle your internet marketing needs. Experts in the field can quickly evaluate your web property and chart a course of action to quickly improve your search engine ranking visibility.
If you choose to handle the this potentially monumental task on your own you should consider these basic factors:
- On page optimization is important, but not necessarily in the way you might think. It would be natural to assume the more times the keywords you wish to be found under appear in your website’s content the better your site will rank. This is not exactly correct. While you should absolutely include your target keywords in your on page content less is more. DON’T GO OVERBOARD! You want your keywords to account for no more than 2.5% of the overall word count for your page. Anymore than this rough guideline could potentially result in an over optimization penalty with Google.
- Focus on the quality of the content on your website and the uniqueness of it. Don’t just go out and copy and paste from other websites. Write your own fresh copy stating your case to potential customers as to why they should choose your business. Videos are another great way of conveying your message. Bottom line is focus on the customer rather than search engine optimization.
- Website architecture matters! Your website should be user friendly and easy to navigate. Logically layout any categories using a hierarchical content structure that guides both search engine robots and live users easily through the site. This benefits both your search engine rankings position and users find what they need quickly.
- Don’t ignore mobile technology. Google rewards sites that in addition to having outstanding content is accessible to a variety of mobile devices such as smartphones and iPad tablets.
- List your site on appropriate and authoritative sites that would find your website useful and relevant. Some examples would be places like Yellowpages.com and Yelp.com these directory sites help users find businesses. Make sure your business can be found on these types of sites with links back to your website.
This quick primer has hopefully shed some light on the subject of internet marketing for your business and why you need to pay attention to it. Again, if you should need professional help don’t be afraid to reach out to a Boca Raton or Grand Rapids SEO for help. It will be worth your while either way.